PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise complaints lead to a vandalised helicopter
Old 19th Aug 2014, 03:57
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think you'll get some serious, dedicated, intensive police response, to a simple broken window in a chopper in a small country town, you've got an unrealistic idea of what the Federal Police and WAPOL are actually interested in.

We're talking about people who are basically public servants, and who have to also justify to bosses, about using scarce police resources to travel to a distant scene of a complaint, and investigate what they regard as minor damage; that, in their minds, could have easily been a local juvenile intent on some mindless vandalism.

Meantimes, they have $20M drug raids planned for tomorrow, they are most likely going to have to deal with a "domestic" that ends up in a siege and homicide any time soon; there's probably several murder investigations under way; they probably have at least 15 serious motorcycle gang complaints to deal with, from drugs to illegal handgun trafficking, to standover tactics, to investigating new club fortifications; and they are still dealing with the paperwork and demands from criminal lawyers and courts, from the last lot of sleazy scumbags they tried to nail.

There are, and have been, 5 police in my immediate family; from Superintendent, Senior Sgt, and detective, right through to constables.
They are always "prioritising" complaints, and I can assure you, a broken window in a chopper won't get top-level priority unless there are accompanying threats, or other supportive evidence of criminality, that can be proved in court.

My advice to be proactive with security and surveillance when the chopper is parked up, still stands.