PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 19th Aug 2014, 02:06
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Devil Changed mind

...on the weight of the arguments presented I am prepared to stop being a smug git, climb off my high horse and agree with Jaba et al.

The imposition of more rules will be an ineffective brake on such behaviour as would kill an Angel Flight pilot and his pax. If the threat of an imminent, violent and possibly firey death is not enough to dissuade you then I guess nothing will.

The wise counsel of a good Chief Pilot would have prevented many an accident. For the commercial operators there is a time when we must relax the apron strings and let the kids go for themselves... but we hae supervised them closely up to that point.

In reality, the answer to everything in Australia is more bloody rules (don't forget Julia's sole achievement is passing more bloody rules in a given period of time than any other government in history! God help us).

But in a dream world...
...for an operation such as Angel Flight, is it possible to have some sort of mentor/Chief Pilot/Dispatcher/Co-pilot-by-telephone to validate a pilot's decision to depart into anything other than Day VMC?

...could that be workable?

I dunno, I have never done Angel Flights.

More regulation is not the answer.