PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incipient Spin Recovery
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2014, 21:50
18greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The term Incipient spin is a load of bollocks. The plane can't be in a spin unless its stalled. If you don't let it stall you won't be in a spin. So you fix it by doing a stall recovery which is in the manual.
Interesting. I may have missed the gist of this. If there's no incipient spin stage do we just go straight from flight to full spin?

As I recall the incipient stage isn't just a stall it's a stall with full rudder, rolling the ac onto its back followed by a sharp nose down and lots of rotation. Until the first full turn is complete the spin is considered incipient and will recover with centralised controls. Beyond the first turn full anti spin controls are required. Agreed if you don't want to spin don't stall. But I believe I believe in incipient spins. (Until someone disproves another thing I've believed forever)

Oh and if the firefly I've been aero batting has just flicked (again) when i was looping or pulling up or just plain old turning (like they do...) I wouldn't bother with power , unless more was available, a simple unload of the stick would work fine to recover. So to answer the op, leave the power alone, just unload ( unless the poh says otherwise)