PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's artificial arm 'became detached while landing plane'
Old 18th Aug 2014, 13:16
Three Thousand Rule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a professional, as you would know if you read my post earlier on the thread, where I was very clear about it. I have made several hundred landings, so have some insight into the challenges posed by a combination of difficult weather and unexpected events.

I have no criticism of the captain, I think he took a good call under difficult circumstances and ensured the safety of his pax, as well as being responsible enough to file the report. My earlier post expressed concern that the press would stir up the matter and it would affect him and other disabled colleagues.

The 'facts' I quoted were that the event was not briefed, the power levers were unguarded and there was a heavy landing. I also expressed an opinion that the risk to pax was raised, even though it may have been only slightly, others may disagree. These points are no criticism of the captain, who was placed in a difficult and unforeseen situation, being ignorant of the risk.

I think you need to wind in your neck and refrain from calling others ignorant, when the CAA, airline etc didn't see the risk and plan for it.

No doubt that is no longer the case.

By the way, when one needs to resort to insults, it is usually a sign of an inability to articulate a perspective effectively.