PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 18th Aug 2014, 12:34
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Guys / Gals,
I have done, and will still do, I hope, 'Angel Flights', because I reckon that 'its a nice thing to do'.

I fly 'Angel Flights' in a well maintained 'VH' registered aircraft.
I have cancelled / delayed a few flights because the weather / fog / cloud was not VFR. And I am a VFR oldie pilot.....

The passengers always have a 'Plan B'.

I insist on it - and I am reliably informed by Angel Flight that it is in their brief to the intending pax as well.

There is no 'pressure' to get the job done - period!

In my mind - its a totally private operation, operated by suitably qualified and experienced pilots who simply want to 'put something back' and do so - with the above qualifications / limitations....

IF the CASA see 'fit to make this service 'the equivalent of an RPT flight' then it will achieve exactly NOTHING - EXCEPT to kill the service and the initiative - and affect those who need the service most - THOSE 'IN NEED' of a bit of assistance in their medical misfortune.

A glance at the Angel Flight list of volunteer pilots show mostly very experienced, often retired, pilots who 'know when to hold them and when to fold them'.....

Leave it alone!!

No cheers