PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 18th Aug 2014, 12:02
dhavillandpilot

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Having read the discussion paper twice, some of the issues raised on the surface seem reasonable. (No I'm not cheering CASA on)

As someone with lots of hours and about to do Angel Flights in a twin the DP would not affect me too much.

I guess the scenario of a low time private pilot or RAAS pilot doing a CFIT is the one CASA is aiming at for crewing. And the self maintained RAAS aircraft is the equipment issue.

If you take the time and actually look at the Pilot profiles on Angel Flight website the one thing that stands out is that most, like me, have grey hair and have been flying for a considerable number of years. Then you look at the aircraft offered and suddenly you get a feeling that they are well maintained VH registered GA aircraft.

Also if you are enrolled in Angel Flight you will get emails that show that a flight will have been arranged and then suddenly is offered again. This happened today, my guess is that the original pilot was VFR and the weather now looks like being IFR. If that is the case then good sense has prevailed.

If changes have to be made then it needs good common sense, from the industry, NOT FROM THE HEAVY HANDED CASA EMPLOYEES TRYING TO EXPAND THEIR LITTLE EMPIRES?