PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 18th Aug 2014, 11:18
Adsie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clearedtoreenter

I agree with you with the risk factor that is involved with private flight [ or for that matter any flight ] but I think that the pilots of these flights seem "self" pressured to get to the destination " to help the kids"

I have certainly looked at doing these flights to keep my hand in as I am an unemployed pilot at the moment but I would rather that a sick child miss a doctor appointment than never make it at all.

These flights are done by very generous people who donate a lot of time and or money to help people who really need it but the flights in single aircraft may be pushing the boundaries of pilot / aircraft.

I cannot remember when one of these flights have came to grief in a twin.

But to fly a twin the cost is obviously higher so your back to the very generous people who own singles doing the absolute best they can.

I take my hat off to them - there may have been a few incidents but for the number of flights these wonderful people do, I think they are doing a wonderful job.