PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Actual take-home salary DEC Flydubai
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2014, 06:31
MCO951

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Counter point to "Pole Shift."

If you join FZ today as DEC, we have 39 airplanes, just over 600 pilots.

At a rate of roughly 1 New Boeing/month and staffing of roughly 7 crews per jet, by next August, there will be another 12 jets and 84 pilots.

By years end, all 19 local Emirati F/O's will have moved on to Emirates. Our best to them, they've proved themselves worthy aviators!

Bang, you moved up 100 numbers in 1 year, without any normal attrition. So far, I've "heard" there have been 30+ resignations this year. Now you've moved up even more..

There are roughly 30 "A-Scale" captains left, of which about 1/2 have other roles in the company, such as training, recruiting, etc. Don't mention A Scale again. Their T&C's have remained unchanged since before A6-FDA arrived.

In 2 years, you will have at least 200 people junior to you in the company. Ive been here 4 years, and have over 400 people junior to me.

When pole shift says you will "NEVER be able to get a decent roster," it's BS! This company is growing so fast, that by the time you renew your visa, you will be in the middle of the pack.

Upgrades: Since upgrade #1, upgrades have kept their seniority. Since this company started, it has always been that way. 132 pages of pprune to read thru can confirm this..
If someone who came before you (SENIOR to you) as an F/O passes the upgrade, then they are still senior to you, as they have always been. You've just been lucky enough to have joined when we were hiring DEC's. There are many pilots here who came as F/O's during non DEC times, who were qualified as Capts when they joined.

COO email: A number of new pilots, unhappy with the PBS "allegedly" approached the CP with the idea of a petition to change PBS. COO email was to clarify the company's position.

As further destinations are added to the list, as winter approaches in the north, and the "super senior" get bored with Belgrade, Skopje, and the likes, things will improve for the more junior pilots. Mr pole shift has written mostly negative posts about being a FZ pilot, I read every one of his posts today.

I joined before we had any Russian. Ukraine, or other long flights. BEY was the longest, Baku was the furthest north. Soon, CMB night turn was the longest, I had 3 in sept 2010, as well as multiple day/night combos. We could only request 2 days off for the next month, had to be in by the 5th of the previous month.

And who can forget the 0200 DXB DOH DXB MCT DXB double sector, ending at 0940 when you were lucky?

So PBS isn't perfect, but it is able to give you up to 4 days off in a row, more if you really try. You can choose your poison, knowing your time at the bottom of the heap is going to be about 2 years. But now, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Now, Its time to bid for next month..
More "injustice" I assume..
Cheers mate!