PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 checkist
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2014, 18:38
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nobody ever suggested that checklists can replace, or even reduce the need for, good airmanship, or the use of common sense and intelligence. Those who have all these properties in absolute total perfection can indeed do without.

The lesser gifted can use a checklist as one of the many possibilities to catch up with any little bit of imperfection popping up.

For myself, flying a very simple craft, I never saw the need for a checklist - till the day I took off with a fuel valve unopened. The engine ran fine during taxi, and while I waited for three planes before me to take off - plenty of time to go through the checklist! The engine hiccupped when I had about -100 metres of runway left - luckily I understood quick, and the engine never stopped, it came back to normal as soon as the valve was opened.

So Mr Skygod, good luck to you, we will eternally worship you and sing your praises. Remembering them from the appropriate checklist from time to time.

If ever you fall from the skies, please posthumously excuse me for coming to your funeral waving a big "WE TOLD YOU" banner.

Last edited by Jan Olieslagers; 17th Aug 2014 at 18:56.