PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - orange in the red (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2003, 05:55
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norman SF

I can't help but think, Monarch, BA and the others you mentioned are attempting to take on easyJet, not the other way around. I'm not sure there is a 'traditional model', SWA perhaps, but they are in an entirely different environment. The name of the game is low cost and easyJet is way ahead many of our competitors. Ryanair have of course done well with the regional airports, however, much of the travelling public do wish to fly to the major airports and will pay easyJet the modest premium on fare to do so.

Further, I'm not sure why you say easyJet are overstretched? They are expanding and have consolidated the merger of Go.

The European airline business has to change, the IT charter market is changing, the majors have to find a better way and easyJet is well positioned to deal with them. Quitely getting on with modest profits isn't something most business' aspire to.

You will be aware that the Airbus introduction is going to be with our Swiss operations first and is progressing well, they come on to the UK reg next year and, believe me there has been a considerable amount of planning by the dedicated project team
which has many consumate professionals working in it, they'll have thought of everything you have.