PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 17th Aug 2014, 08:42
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AA62 - Sector Fuel Payload Tables

I'd forgotten we used to get a new copy every 3 months - in fact I'd forgotten them completely! I can remember the ODM Vol 2 that weighed down my nav' bag. Thank goodness we didn't do the Perf' A stuff as well, but IIRC the shiney fleet navs did do the take-off calculations.

CK sends his regards.

Nimbev

Were you one of the 25 crews who trained in the States? I was on 4 Course ( first baby-nav posted to the K from nav' school, though because of holding time there were 4 of us on the course ). From 5 Course onwards the flood gates for first tourists opened. Talking of which, my old mate Arthur and his lady stopped for lunch on their way north. The jammy devil left at 55 having had only one ground tour, which was as a sim' instructor at Thorney where he had to maintain his flying cat' ! To think I left at 8 yr option because I had been given a ground tour.

Last edited by Brian 48nav; 17th Aug 2014 at 08:44. Reason: add word; wrong place