PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying Costs
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2014, 03:20
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I did just on 100 hours in the 172 over the last 12 months, a bit less than I normally do. That first hour cost me a tad over $6500. That included maintenance, insurance and some other small incidental fixed costs. There was no provision made for the hangaring of the aircraft ( the hangar's mine, but it still costs).

After that it cost me $70 an hour to fly the thing. The equates to $135 an hour over the last 12 months. The were no funds set aside for the engine or prop reserve, or for the avionics upgrade that will have to be done within the next couple of years.
The 210 also did 100 hours last year and the costs associated with that machine are exactly twice what they were for the 172.

Over the next couple of years I'll have to fork out dollars for the SID's on both aircraft and also the for the costs associated with making the aircraft ADS-B compliant. I don't expect to get much change if any, out of $45,000. There'll be no gain what so ever from a safety point of view, nor from an operational point of view. Thank you CAsA and AsA. Shafted yet again.