PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's artificial arm 'became detached while landing plane'
Old 16th Aug 2014, 09:20
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BARKINGMAD, Agree with most of your comment, esp re psych monitoring (tricky one) and rudder and stick ability (bit more realism from training departments).
Re 'nothing to see': I believe that I previously mentioned that I make no adverse criticism whatsoever of the captain involved who, judging by comments from those who know him, appears to be a outstanding person but it DID come as a surprise to me that a Class 1 would be issued to a pilot who was fitted with a prosthetic limb or part thereof however, if the CAA meds have researched and approved . . .

Before anyone else cites Gp Capt Bader, this is about professional civil aviation. The RAF is, quite rightly, a law unto itself and the procedures applied are irrelevant to the case under discussion.

p.s. BARKINGMAD, I see you give your occupation as 'General Dogsbody'. I know the feeling but, checking Douglas Bader's retiring rank in Wiki, I see that 'Dogsbody' was his nickname.

Last edited by Basil; 16th Aug 2014 at 09:23. Reason: p.s.