PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's artificial arm 'became detached while landing plane'
Old 16th Aug 2014, 08:57
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACCIDENT RATE.

How many (fatal/hull loss) accidents where fatigue was and will continue to be a factor? Dozens.

How many ............. where detached/failed prosthetic a factor? ??

Anyone genuinely worried about future accidents should be shouting from the rooftops about the new EASA FTLs, commercial pressures and the obviously inadequate psycho screening through which professional pilots manage to slip unknown til after their accident report is published!

Asiana, THY @AMS, Lionair, AF447 and many others I could quote all had theoretically perfectly formed crewmembers, yet they failed the ultimate test in better weather conditions. Again I will call for the brain- limb/voice/vision interface to be better examined as a way of reducing the HF accident rate.

Many fatal accident reports quote commercial pressures and/or costcutting as contributory factors, yet the inhabitants of the average airline "handbrake house" or HQ are NOT subject to formal assessment of their decision-making processes.

Money to be made by the AAs various in catching these villains in the aptitude/ medical fitness nets might encourage those authorities to consider this link in the accident chain.

But then I woke up and realised it was daytime..............

As for this incident with this individual, "nothing to see here, move on!"