PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech Quiz Again!
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2014, 04:31
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low salary - Licking the plate clean

BusyB. Thank you for your comment. Yes, I did enjoy very good conditions of service when with CX and I am aware that I was in an era where I was paid a salary much above anything available in Australia at the time. I have no doubt that things have changed, however I would be surprised if the salary of a F/O employed today would be less than my final salary. I resigned from CX 23 years back, not because of any dissatisfaction with CX but rather because I wanted to return to Australia. If conditions are as bad as some indicate I am very sorry that the COS have degraded to such a point where most whom post on this forum seem to be so disenchanted. If your COS have degraded during the period of your employment then surely your AOA is not doing what it was formed to do.

Just do it. Not sure which of my comments have no merit. Your opinion regarding my generation "licking the CX plate clean" is utter crap. If CX are not still looking after their employee's as well as they once used to that is hardly the fault of those of my generation. It just may be that those of my generation were prepared to put the interests of our employer before those of ourselves from time to time. As for your beginning with a spanner in your hand and working through all the seats, I congratulate you. It is just a pity that you seem not to be enjoying that achievement.