PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2014, 01:53
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbine D
Exactly what caused the demise of NWA 6231?
Summary from WikiP:

Investigators found that the pitot heads had ice damage which caused the crew to receive incorrect airspeed readings. The crew, believing the readings were true, pulled back on the control column and raised the nose, which caused the aircraft to stall.
I figure that's fairly close to AF447 (and Birgenair 301 for that matter)...

Originally Posted by roulishollandais
Pilots are so ignorant of systems that they are unable to draw or understand a block diagram ;
On what are you basing this assertion?

remember the discussions about feedback, THS or SS !!!
Which discussions? There have been more than a few!

I fear BZ used only Gordon Corps's name as alibi for insiders.
You fear incorrectly. A cursory search of Flight International's archives will tell you that GC was very much the lead pilot engineer.

The book of BZ shows the point of view of BZ.
Which one - "Airbus Cow Boys"?

Franz Joseph Strauss was much more important in BZ's mind... behind himself and Baud.
Doesn't matter what BZ thought - GC was the lead engineering test pilot for the A320 project for the very reason that he understood safety and certification needs inside-out. I have it on very good authority that while BZ was engineering lead in name, he had very little to do with the day-to-day work.

Unions felt -with some realism- to be let outside the human teams.
No, the SNPL had a long-standing grievance with Airbus over the deletion of the FE station from the original A300 back in 1972, and as such sought to thwart Airbus at every turn ever since.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 16th Aug 2014 at 02:41.