PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's artificial arm 'became detached while landing plane'
Old 15th Aug 2014, 15:39
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

(Ex-Speedbird I wonder if we ever met in Cranebank - I was one of those in white coats in the days of 707, VC-10s, and eventually 737/757)!

You beat me to it - Douglas Bader!

Now, as I understand it, investigations into "aircraft incidents" are usually designed not to "find the culprits" but to prevent it happening again. I noticed in the BBC report that the gentleman concerned has already stated that he'll check his "attachment" more thoroughly in future and also brief his right-hand-seat what to do in the remote chance of it happening again.

The whole thing seems to have been the usual over-reaction in the media, and reading between even their lines, everything was taken care of pretty well by a very experienced and competent pilot.

He obviously can think and act quickly and, if he were flying the GF this Sunday morning, DXB-BAH, I'd feel in good - oh no - you know what I mean