PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech Quiz Again!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2014, 13:34
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tech Quiz

betpump5. You are absolutely correct. Modern aircraft do not have need of a Flight Engineer. That I concede, just as I concede that no F/E who is honest could claim that a computer is not able to better monitor all systems. That said however, I would suggest that in those aircraft in which the minimum crew was two pilots and one flight engineer, the f/e was an integral and appreciated member of the crew. You ask what the purpose of my post was. Well, I guess I am of the "old school" who believed that the company paid me a good salary, same as the F/O, because they thought we warranted it and most, if not all, F/E's and other cockpit crew were pretty satisfied with our lot. We also possessed a sense of loyalty to our employer. It seems to me that many of those who post on this forum are not really satisfied or happy with CX as an employer. I also suggest that most of those belly-aching would do so no matter for whom they worked. If the cap fits, wear it. What you may think of me is of no consequence, just as I guess my thoughts of you are of no concern to you. I know I worked for a great outfit when employed by CX and I have nothing but fond memories of HK & CX. I hope you leave with the same opinions when your time to quit comes.