PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG IN THE 60'S
Thread: PNG IN THE 60'S
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2014, 13:09
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts
Reading Gonefishingnz's posts......words fail me!

Whatever happened to the first week in country being spent in the RHS followed by ICUS into all strip for a minumum of three trips!

IF after the three ICUS trips, in the Checkies opinion you were capable of landing there you might have been required to do a couple of take offs, circuits and landings from that strip solo, whilst the Checkie stood on the ground there and watched you! (Luk V; Remember that was what you did with me at Kaintiba, which was my very first PNG strip endorsement!)

Sending you out to a highland strip that you'd never been to before, with 10 hours icus in country, in my opinion is just crazy.
Unusual-Attitude; Precisely!

I wish Chimbu Chuckles was still on these boards as I have absolutely no doubt that he would be able to express in a far more eloquent manner than I the absolute insanity of sending someone with only 10 hours ICUS in country into a previously unvisited strip.

Gonefishingnz; Go buy a lottery ticket mate, because you are incredibly lucky that you are still alive!