PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2014, 08:03
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roulishollandais
Originally Posted by DozyWanabee
safety record
We could hope much better records than AF447 and such wonderful flights.
Originally Posted by DozyWanabee
: Who is disputing its fine safety record?
Roulis, it would appear.
Originally Posted by AirRabbitt
We need to evaluate how we train today’s pilots and then substantially improve that training, and thereby, improve the competency of those pilots.
All the problems of automation and systems, decreasing safety statistics by scandalous accidents where pilots lost their airworthyness (AF447, Habsheim, Asiana, aso) in FBW are the result of the choice of regulators, airlines, and manufacturors to hire, select, train ignorant pilots -not fighting fake licenses , forgetting the role of the third man in the cockpit, using less corporate test pilots and test engineers independant from private industry i.e.) aswell in flight (no more aerobatics i.e.), in maths (not increased to dynamic systems used by FBW), and in engineering (former pilots made human teams with mecaniks and aircraft conceptors). That science was open, but today copying and counterfacts of systems have build a world of secrecy and paranoia which destroys spread of knowledge to pilots' community.
That is why I like PPRuNe! who allows us to share better) but it is not enough to stop that nightmare of new generation accidents who are so sad, and decrease systems' credibility and statistics which should be better. Remind I'm both a pilot and IT guy, pluridisciplinarity is the limit I trust.