PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not such a good idea: float plane takes off under bridge in Ottawa
Old 15th Aug 2014, 07:32
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left coaster I've been doing walk arounds since I got my first licence in 1954, yes I'm aware of the need to see the whole airframe, for a part of my somewhat varied flying career looking for bullet holes and splinter damage was fairly high on the list of things to note, however these silly vests will not stop you getting run over by untrained idiots as you state, the solution is to train Rampies to do it right, however the "on time at all costs" style of management are to blame for this attitude I believe. My wife and I recently attended a fantastic get together of a particular antique aircraft in the UK, {we do in fact own one} the manager of the airport it was held at is totally opposed to this silly "dressing up" which spoils the vintage flavour of such a meeting, and you know what? nobody was run over or taxied over by any of the aircraft which have almost no brakes and very limited control whilst on the ground, unlike the float plane which started this thread!

Last edited by clunckdriver; 15th Aug 2014 at 18:10.