PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nuisance Calls
Thread: Nuisance Calls
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2014, 01:12
IBMJunkman

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry to see this is not only a USA problem. My home phone is digital using Verizon FIOS (fiber). I can block up to 10 numbers. The number of an incoming call is displayed on my TV. I can use the TV remote to add the number to the list. The digital system also has another feature. I can have 2nd phone number ring when my primary number is called. There is a web site you register on with your phone number. They give you a phone number that you use as your 2nd ring number. When a call comes in the 2nd number gets the calling information. If the number is in their database the call is terminated. If a garbage call gets through you go to their website and report the number. They add it to their database.

I also have a device attached to my phone line that captures incoming numbers. I can have it block a whole area code, a specific exchange or a specific number. A blocked call only rings once.

I also track calls with an Excel spreadsheet. There are numbers that call in the morning and then in the evening. For many days in a row. Luckily the website kills many of those calls.