PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 20:28
Danny42C

Chugalug,

"Be sure your Sins will Find you Out" seems to have applied in this case ! I suppose there was an equivalent to our "Section 40" in the Police Code under which they could get him. But what could be worse than scribbling in an office all day, anyway ?

He should have said that the witness was having a hallucination !.....D.

Fantom Zorbin,

Always glad to welcome a fellow visitor from our much maligned Branch of Air Traffic Confusion. But it must have been many, many years ago - who ever heard of a policeman appearing when he was wanted ? And the Good Old days in which deference was not a dirty word: respect was paid when respect was due. And a Pilot Officer was still somebody. (Today, I suppose most folk would take you for some weird kind of Traffic Warden, if you appeared in uniform).

Ah, those first few days when your cap was bandbox fresh ! I well remember strolling down Chowringhee, returning a salute every two paces until my arm was tired. I would never have imagined that "dumb insolence" could be conveyed in so many different ways.

Whippets are a new one on me. I have in my time been troubled by S**tehawks, goats, rats, an elephant, crows and a snoozing hare on a runway - but never a whippet (yet).....D.

Cheers, both. Danny.