PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM - single pilot minded captains
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 19:53
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi runwayedge,

Have to agree with everyone above me here: these people still exist in aviation.

Unfortunately, while the industry is weeding the majority of them out, we will never get rid of them and it is up to the rest of us to do our utmost to maintain our own composure.

I like what PiltdownMan said: let him do all the flying. It blows to sit on your hands for a couple sectors, but this is often the only tool available to you with these personality types.

Of course, it is also very possible the other pilot was just having a very bad day and that your next experience with him will be much more favourable. Try not to judge him too much before your next flight as you'll only seed the situation. Go in with your, obviously, open mind and see where it goes. If it's still like that, go see whomever is next up the chain in command for reporting this sort of behaviour.

Now, as for the FMC. I've not ever worked for an operator who allowed a pilot to make changes to the FPL, NAV, or FUEL pages carte blanche. It's always been a two-pilot confirmation on anything that would change the profile of the aircraft. This is where your SOP's come into play.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes!