PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I correct in what I am seeing re pallets hitting the ground ?
Old 14th Aug 2014, 19:52
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VX, Certainly do remember the ADUX one shot chute. You are absolutly correct about how daft we were to try and use them over and over again. I was on Kevil DZ when we did the CDS trial form the J using ADUX. - we were desperatly short of SC15s for the sand pit. There was only one serving Despatcher left (I will not name him for fear of embarassing him) who could tie a draw tie with lightweight bungee. - as you know no Nora Batty's on ADUX. one guy proposed a mod to introduce them as I was signing the Form 5s to dispose of the rermaining stocks alongside the 60 fts. In the stick of 8 we had one that tore an arm off from the crown. There was no repair scheme in the topic 6!!!

Do you know if we ever adopted the US Low Cost chute which really was one shot and a fraction of the cost of an SC15 across all LODs. The videos being posted on Defence web show SC15s. Spoons gives a good commentry in one I watched earlier. I guess from the height they are dropping they don't need PADS