PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not such a good idea: float plane takes off under bridge in Ottawa
Old 14th Aug 2014, 18:03
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JO, I don't think those protesting the "Granny State" under various Health and Welfare autocrats question the need for SENSIBLE regulation but the industry is rife with stupid counter productive regulations, such as, wearing of "Day Glow" vests by aircrew as they do their walk around, if they are going to get run over then whatever is running them over has already ploughed through the parked aircraft so its really quite irrelevant what colour cloths the pilot is wearing! On this subject, I sometimes fly into an airport which once was military and one thing the military do well is record keeping, it turns out that in seventy years they can find no record of anyone being run over by an aircraft,BUT, they do have records of twelve pilots/ground crew walking into props and engine intakes, so surely it would be more logical to paint props and intakes with those of-center bright markings which look like some mobile sculpture? I pointed out to one of these "Ramp Gestapos" recently that their instruction about standing right dead center front if you are guiding an aircraft, if its my vintage aircraft then I will most likely chop them up with the prop as I'm unable to see a thing over the nose, {this was at an air show by the way, and a replacement prop is a kings ransom, it however it requires no skill or money to create another human} the reply I received was," well aircraft like this shouldn't be allowed here", this was at a show with LOTS of tail dragging WW2 aircraft! One of my grandkids was recently told she should stop jumping fences with her pony by her school teacher as "its too dangerous" dear Lord what next, padded hockey pucks? I think this is the sort of stuff getting on people wicks, not legislating pure food and water standards,