PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My First Lesson Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 12:12
belleh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lonkmu
Did you get your PPL in the end?
Not yet!

I got to a bit before Christmas and had done about 28 hours. I'd solo'd and done a dual version of my QXC but the only exam I had passed was air law.

My instructor said to me that he'd recommend I spend a couple of weeks ploughing through my exams because I couldn't do my QXC until I'd passed them all. He said that any extra flying done at that point would be more or less a waste because I was ready to do the QXC and that I was at a bit of a road block with these exams not being passed.

I knew that two weeks wouldn't be enough but resolved to pass them before flying again; even if that meant losing a few hours of experience. Fast forward to now (a whole 9 months later) and I still have three exams left to do. I've done the others at a snails pace. It's not that I'm incapable or find them particularly hard; it's merely the time sink that preparing for each exam becomes on top of an awful lot of work commitments.

Recognising that I need to sort this out before everything up to now becomes a waste (I don't want to think about how far I've now fallen back) and that clearly, work commitments are making it progressively harder to find the time to study, I've booked off a fortnight for nothing but flying and exams. Your timing with this question is impeccable; starting Monday I will have two weeks of two flights per day every week day (weather permitting) and everything in between is ground school and exams. If I can come out the other end having passed the three remaining exams and with a completed QXC that'd be awesome. At the very least, I want the exams done - anything else is a bonus.

I want to just throw everything I've got at this now until I have got my licence!