PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Routes you dread doing?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2014, 09:07
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You obviously haven't met many Russians
There are two very different types of Russians.

There are the normal, decent, educated ones whom you meet in Russia and sometimes elsewhere. I met two lovely Russian families when I was in Cyprus a few weeks ago. Charming, quiet, modest, educated, refined, and lovely company. When I was in Russia I mostly met people like that. They are the majority, who tend to go unnoticed.

Then there are the loud, vulgar, trashy, obnoxious new-money Russian scum who frequent places like Knightsbridge, Cannes, Dubai, and parts of Mallora and the Spanish Costas. I had the misfortune to connect onto an Austrian Airlines flight from Vienna to Barcelona where two vile Russian couples, fat ugly gold-bedecked men with cheap trashy tartlets hanging out of leopard skin croptops and miniskirts boarded in business class and started mouthing off about 'you call this first class, my f***ing car is bigger than this, these seats are too small', abusing the cabin attendants and other passengers, eventually the Captain was called and threatened to offload them straight to prison!

They are the minority, but because of their brash and loud vulgar behaviour, they get noticed. Russians in general are fine people, oppressed for years by communism and now by an equally evil dictator.