PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B787 diverts do LPLA due ENG problem
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2014, 16:56
Tux64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomson 787's

Ah, looks like we may have got to the bottom of our issues now,

It actually looks like Thompson have more routes than Dreamliners, the new Newcastle to SFB route is "we assume" supposed to be done by TUIG, but that planes not in service yet, so other Dreamliners are shuffling all over the place.

Our issues looks like it was caused by TUIA on the 24th, had 24 hours down and was supposed to be in Glasgow for the 25th flight to SFB. Thomson in their infinite wisdom took the shiny new TUIF away from MAN TOM144 in the AM of the 26th July and gave to Glasgow to pick up the slack from what TUIA's 24 hours down missed.

I May be assuming things, but it sure looks like it according to FR24's logs. Just wish the airline didn't lie about the plane being down on the 26th July (FR24 show's all 6 up and running)

I do hope however they are quicker with their compensation, according to the customer service girls this morning, they still haven't had confirmation TOM145 was a downgraded plane on the 9th, so won't be authorising any refunds for the premium upgraded people ... ...

I wish anyone flying TOM144/145 in the next few weeks better luck than us!