PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirTanker First Officers
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2014, 15:51
beardy

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
For whoever may be interested:

Within hours of the pilots of TCX being asked to express, through a non-binding bid, an interest in a secondment to ATr, 13 did so. Some have withdrawn that interest, others have not expressed interest at the request of BALPA. The company management have not consulted BALPA, as they are obliged to. It is BALPA's hope that a scarcity of interest will encourage consultation. BEAGLE your friend will be able to confirm those numbers from the company standing bid.

The only Ts & Cs details we have at the moment are that seconded pilots will be paid by TCX, but will operate ATr's AOC. There are no details on disturbance allowance, HOTAC nor on the return to TCX after a 3 year secondment, in short there are no real details of what the secondment will entail. This is what will turn interest into bids.

We have Captains who are demoted and displaced from their normal operating base, we have displaced Captains and First Officers. These are, for the most part, the pilots who have expressed an interest.

At a guess I think that there may be enough to fill all 10 slots, but it is a guess.

Most of us would rather see the work stay in-house, and it may well yet.

The internal machinations really are just that, internal.

Courtney, my hostility comes from a wilful misrepresentation of my company and the attitude of the pilots in it and also the integrity of Aibus design to support Beagle's personal vendetta against ATr and PFI.

And then of course there was this infamous quote from him concerning the ATr A330 excursion:

Well, given the rumours that the autopilot wouldn't disconnect, I would strongly suspect a problem in the left hand sidestick system. But surely there's redundancy built in to the sidestick design? Or is that supposed to be achieved by having 2 sidesticks?

As for blaming the crew, if anyone was stupid enough to try that they'd soon wish they hadn't.....
The autopilot was already disconnected and the event was pilot induced, but don't let that stop him knocking ATr and Airbus.

Addendum:

TCX recruitment, secondment, etc. has no place in this discussion and has no bearing on Beagle's fixation with PFI
The emphasis should be on THIS discussion, feel free to discuss it elsewhere if that's what floats your boat.

Last edited by beardy; 13th Aug 2014 at 16:52.