PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech Quiz Again!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2014, 11:01
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still haven't worked out how to change the record have ya?
Guilty as charged!

As for Boogers point, extremely valid and I wish more of our current SO recruits had such similar experience. In the not too distant past, I have flown with many SO's well into their 30's with a lot of hours and good, relevant, practical experience. Generally great to fly with, interesting to chat with, and useful in the seat Sadly, hires of that experience are in general no longer being netted.

My red wine fueled rant, was directed at the current hiring policy, whereby we are currently hiring from the bottom of the experience pool, by virtue of the Company acquiescing to a policy (put in place by the Government, which can be worked around when a need to hire expats is demonstrated) of what appears to be only hiring HK ID card holders, who for the most part have bugger all useful experience.

Clearly following 'Govt policy' suits the Company as new hires with experience you can count on one hand, don't have much weight to push their salary scales to where they should be. Whereas experienced DEFO's would be inclined to demand market rates for their experience. Additionally, being generally older and often encumbered with a cook and ankle-biters, they are more likely to need larger housing which the Company will not want to pay for, as that aspect doesn't fit the Company's evolving and gradual plan to eradicate housing allowance.

Here's hoping the gamble pays off and we avoid the smoking hole in the ground.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by LongTimeInCX; 13th Aug 2014 at 23:33.