PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - With all things Lanc in the news, some stunning artwork and a fascinating tale
Old 13th Aug 2014, 09:29
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Oh, I don't forget Wensleydale, and nor do Harris's Old Lags. They, and more importantly in their eyes their CinC, were betrayed by the very man that prevailed on them to make ever greater sacrifice night after night. Harris was also the victim of the coterie who plotted against him in the RAF High Command, thus joining Dowding in that august company of RAF Commanders that counted as against those that didn't.

The Poles as you so rightly remind us were betrayed by an equally contemptible body, the post war Labour government. That they did it in our name merely contaminated us all by their shame. I had the honour to serve along side many Polish RAF officers who stayed on because they could not go home, for the very reasons that you describe. It was the RAF's good fortune that they retained such indomitable men, albeit for 'political' reasons!

I'm sorry, but with respect I must disagree with you. It is about right, and wrong. It is as simple as that!