PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2014, 07:41
unstable load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keke Napep,
Interesting purely from the effect a full scale outbreak will have on society, Sir. I was not being flippant, apologies if it came out that way.

Right now, I am in PH, scheduled in 'till end September, so whatever happens, I will be included, one way or another.

As for the masses and their reliance on Charlatans, believe me, it's not an exclusively Nigerian thing. They are all over the world.

I have been reading up on this and will take a look at your links, thanks for them.
What I find interesting is sitting in the crew room listening to the chatter around Ebola and the difference of opinions is vast. From informed, sensible input to what on the surface, appears to be completely howling at the moon stupid.
It is going to take a lot more than Goodluck Jonathan's 11 million to counter Ebola, it is going to take a fundamental change in social thinking, because as long as people cling to the past and what their Priests say and refuse to accept that certain practices are actually, surprisingly, NOT the White man trying to undermine their culture, then Africa in general and Nigeria in particular is in for a rough ride.