PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BT blocking access to PPRUNE
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2014, 21:25
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Photo Fanatic

I have no sympathy for you, you must have voluntarily signed up with BT at some point. There is, of course, no solution to your problem while you remain with them.

Anyone who willingly gets embroiled with BT, after all the reports and well-supported publicity about their customers' experiences over the last 25 years, deserves all that he or she gets by way of incompetence, unbelievably bad service, and gross overcharging.

The company's habit of shuttling their callers around different call centres in deepest India, each of which demands to know what the problem is, is just one example of how bad it is. Other big operators are pretty awful, but BT plumbs depths that make the others look like pussycats.

After several years of never having to talk to BT, I discovered that they had been charging my 99-ear old mother nearly £90 per month for a UK landline that she once once or twice a day in the evenings. I got her to ring to ask why, and listened in to, and recorded, the conversation. Not only did the call centre operative deliberately try to confuse her, she tried very hard to make her agree to pay MORE. I took over at this point, told her what I thought of her and her employer, and switched my mother straight away. I wanted to take them to the SC Court for full recovery and punitive damages, but deferred to her desire for a quiet life.

Why do people voluntarily submit to this treatment? I simply don't understand it. My mother had signed up with them because she didn't realise there was an option! She had always trusted the Post Office, and thought she was still dealing with them. But surely most people, including you, OPF, are a bit more aware?