PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not such a good idea: float plane takes off under bridge in Ottawa
Old 12th Aug 2014, 01:35
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt given the insistence from TC that students have to solo to get the float endorsement that an outfit like the Ottawa Flying Club would be too happy with the cost of insurance premiums for such a venture.
It was this issue that was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak with me and the head of flight training in Ottawa.

I was trying to get TC to change the solo requirements for a sea plane rating to a flight test with an independent flight test examiner.

Not only would it make more sense it would allow those teaching the sea plane rating to save a lot of money on insurance.

The head of TC's flight training department was one of the most impossible to reason with forms of life that ever lived.

Anyhow I decided it was impossible to even try and work in their system even if I got a frontal lobotomy so I could relate to them on their level....I have never done a sea plane rating since.