PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How are your pay & allowances calculated
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2003, 14:29
bursaryboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How are your pay & allowances calculated

Hi

I am presently studing at Uni and am shortly to finish my final thesis. I am studing commerce and management. One area is salaries. A friend of mine is a pilot in NZ and I was amazed to find out what he was being paid.

What i require is to do comparisions on different industries pay scales, especially with regard to experience required to do the job.

Anyway my friend told me all he could but was only one source of which I need many. He told me of this site and told me to post a topic asking about salaries.

I need to know how salaries are calculated, are they consistant with other companies ( the reason I ask is because my friend works for "link" and he said even though you all work for Air New Zealand you all get different rates of pay. If this is true, is there a reason, what is it, and how are they calculated. Is it a formula? do Captain's get "x" amount more than first officers.

I know salaries are personal to some so I don't expect exact figures, but within groups of $10000.00 would be appreciated. ie $40000 to $50000.

Thank you