PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intensive PPL with on-site accommodation in nice location?
Old 11th Aug 2014, 18:35
dera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If taking a day off is a huge hoop to jump through, then I think we agree to disagree on how huge is a huge pain in the backside. In my books, that is a non-issue.

I've had more hassle dealing with EASA issues and local CAA's, than I've ever had with DHS/CBP/TSA/INS or any other US-based TLA. And I've dealt alot with them, probably way more than your average M1'er...

I will support a local economy, when the local economy is worth supporting. Alot of European flight schools I've seen are simply sad, and would be better off if they just closed their doors and died away.

Avoid "doing a deal with your local flying club" at all costs. In the UK that is possibly the worst thing you can do unless your aim is to spend atleast a year on getting your ticket. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but I can't think of many clubs who's members are happy for a PPL student to effectively reserve a plane for an entire month. This might work for the "lesson per week" heros, but atleast for me, and apparently the OP, the ability to do the PPL in a few weeks is important. This means, it has to be a commercial school (or a very exceptional and rare club+instructor).