PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Command 777 EK
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2014, 16:49
InnocentBystander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Back to the "Time to command 777 EK" topic. Quoting from the Emirates career website.

Emirates is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world operating a modern fleet of over 200 wide-bodied aircraft across a global network of more than 140 destinations in six continents. With over 300 aircraft on order from Airbus and Boeing, the fleet size is expected to increase to approximately 300 by 2016 with many more to come.

One of my acquaintances joined last month on the B777. He says Emirates has around 220 Aircraft at the moment. 300 by 2016, so how come the commands have slowed down?

FK
That's an old statement and should probably be changed. That part of the Web site is in dire need of an overhaul. It doesn't even reflect the A350 cancellation. The 777X and additional 50 A380 are almost completely replacements for A/C already on property.

I'd like to quote from a post I made back in February:

Tim Clark has stated numerous times in the recent past that he sees the airline at around 270 aircraft by 2020. We have ~210 now.

See here for a recent statement:

By 2020, we will have more than 250 aircraft serving some 70 million passengers across six continents
Either way, it's close to impossible to estimate a time to command here. There are just too many variables at play. Come and join as F/O (And plan your financials around an F/O package) and if and when you'll get offered an upgrade be happy!