PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA CLP student licence, Class 1 costs in Sydney
Old 11th Aug 2014, 15:56
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussie Bob, hear ya, BUT,
would you vouch that 'chat with doc' will uncover any hidden/not obvious conditions that could preclude one from getting Class 1?
Are all the Class 2 initial tests comparable to Class 1, incl ECG? I've had EEG done in Europe as well, for example, but not for CASA.
From what I've read so far about medical/special conditions etc on this section of pprune, it seems better to be safe than possibly sorry, with the logs thrown under legs to some.
I've not been stuck int he Part 67 regs, as I've done initial Class 1 around the globe past few years incl CASA and without snags, therefore not digging into the regs further. Enough all the pilot theory.

Many people advise to get initial Class 1 done before committing to high expenses of integrated course or high spending towards commercial, in Europe (stricter than, say FAA and in some ways, than Australia, re CVD for example). He'd not have to do the Class 1 initial later so long it's not expired more than 5 years to renew it when needed. He'd still get Class 2 valid as applicable, so why not?

Why not treat it as similar to pre-buy car/aircraft inspection?