PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FIC - A Decision!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2014, 19:01
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem I had contradicted myself if I had said it how you quoted, but I didn't, by adding "with the exception..." that you replaced with your set of dots and then misquoted me
You did state ALL (in big letters) which means there shouldn't be any exceptions. You pointed out one but there are, in fact many.

What I am getting at, is not about introducing different courses/tests, but simply that a "LAPL-only" FI is for all intents and purposes the same as any other FI
But they are not.

I don't know how to describe that any simpler. All this blabbing on about SEP/SSEA ratings and making up restrictions which aren't in the legislation seems rather pointless
But THEY ARE in the legislation.

Ignoring stand alone CRIs, IRI,s TRIs, etc for a moment - Think of an FI Rating as the minimum basic foundation required to do any instruction at all.
What an FI is actually allowed to instruct for depends on what additional qualifications they hold. The exact Instructional Privileges an FI holds will be listed on an EASA Licence on Page 4 in the Remarks and Restrictions column next to where it says an FI is held.

Since the legislation says an FI holder without CPL level knowledge will be restricted to only teaching for an LAPL then that will (or should) be annotated in the Remarks and Restrictions column.

If such an Instructor wishes to instruct for the SEP Rating then either they will have to gain the CPL level knowledge to remove the 'LAPL only' restriction from their FI Rating (actually remove it from Privilege a) and add Privilege b)) or apply for a separate, stand alone, SEP CRI rating.