PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building USA - (Master thread)
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2014, 18:59
flyhiguy28

Pilots Paradise

Hi Everyone,

I did my hours building in the US back in September 2012. I flew with 'Pilots Paradise' who are an unbelievably amazing outfit, I can not recommend them highly enough.

On arrival I got my FAA licence issued (a paperwork exercise) and had a check flight with Stephen Fisher who owns the aircraft. Stephen has over 20,000 hours experience most of which is instruction so he knows a thing or two about flying! He's also British. After about 45 minutes I was signed off and handed the keys to the aircraft. It was MY aircraft for the next 2 weeks to do with as I pleased!

And it gets better... my accommodation was literally 5 steps from the hangar! Pilots Paradise is based at Indian River Aerodrome (near Vero Beach), an aviation community. There are huge houses and everyone owns an aircraft. The grass runway runs through the centre of the community.

The following morning I opened the hangar doors, pulled the aircraft out and jumped in the PA28 - which is pristine and well maintained. What followed was 2 weeks of some of the best flying I have ever done. In a nutshell, I flew up the East coast of America, from Florida up to Canada and back. Highlights included landing at La Guardia, New York; flying over Niagra Falls and flying Low Level over Miami Beach! In total I flew 40 hours.

If anyone is interested in doing the same then I am more than happy to tell you about my experience and help you get a FAA licence etc. 2 years later and I'm still raving on about my amazing trip with Pilots Paradise!

Yours Aye,

Kris