PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FIC - A Decision!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2014, 17:08
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIC - A Decision!

It would seem I had contradicted myself if I had said it how you quoted, but I didn't, by adding "with the exception..." that you replaced with your set of dots and then misquoted me.

What I am getting at, is not about introducing different courses/tests, but simply that a "LAPL-only" FI is for all intents and purposes the same as any other FI, does the same course and passes the same test, bar being able to teach an EASA PPL. I don't know how to describe that any simpler. All this blabbing on about SEP/SSEA ratings and making up restrictions which aren't in the legislation seems rather pointless, especially as a CRI can do some of these things, and (although I've seen nothing official) the general consensus is an FI ticket includes embedded CRI privileges?!

So (playing devils advocate) if blogs has gotten himself an FI ticket, and it doesn't contain any restrictions therein, then is it a drafting error on behalf of the CAA when they issued their ticket (surely they have a way of checking who's passed the exams) and does it mean this person isn't restricted to LAPL-only as it doesn't say so on their licence?