PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recreation Pilot Licence with Navigation Endorsement
Old 10th Aug 2014, 11:13
  #1 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 11
Recreation Pilot Licence with Navigation Endorsement


I have a GFPT from years ago with PPL theory and I'm keen to upgrade to the PPL without the controlled airspace endorsement.

I've learn that a new RPL comes in to effect on September 1st and I will be able to directly swap my GFPT for the RPL.

I've also learnt that I can do a NAVIGATION ENDORSEMENT to add to the RPL which will give all (more or less) the privileges of the current PPL without controlled airspace. This sounds like a good deal.

My question is: How do I actually get the Navigation Endorsement? I've read the requirement for hours (5 hours solo cross-country, same as PPL) but there are no details anywhere on the CASA site about written or practical examinations.

Thanks a lot if anyone has the answers.
mtoolis is offline