PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 9th Aug 2014, 23:59
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ksimboy,

"Talking tankers did anyone else take pleasure in pouring water down rear urinals when the receiver was plugged in or was that just me?" - You naughty boy, if taken short I'm sure you can be excused, but surely you didn't have a deliberate discharge I have a tale of the urinal drain, that will forever remain in my memory. Here goes;

I believe it was my second "improver" as a GE (after completing the course we did three trips with experienced GEs to ensure we were "safe") and we landed at gander with the RH urinal half full of pi$$. There was obviously a downstream blockage and despite giving it a few minutes to allow for ice etc, it did not clear. My "checking GE" advised me that holding my thumb over the RH urinal drain with the GTC running could cause a back pressure to relieve the blockage. I duly sat behind the probe and blocked the drain with my thumb. After a few minutes of this, he shouted to tell me to remove my thumb. Yep, half a urinal all over me it wasn't pleasant, but a lesson I learned, always stand to one side when dealing with urinal blockages. Considering my experience as an Airframe man on Albert, I was really taken in. Having confessed to this now obvious trap, I hope you blokes won't take the pi$$. Thankfully, I managed to get the Co to pay the laundry bill for the overnight cleaning of the growbag. Perhaps the less attractive side of Albert.

DC Thumb. Obviously did a few ASI/ MPA trips!

Smudge