PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for American EK pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2014, 17:54
pilotday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAARule's attitude towards Americans is a good example of how a lot of things may work at EK for any young "Yank" considering choosing Emirates as a career or stepping stone. Specifically training.

I will admit, training has gotten a lot more fair and equal for all nationalities since Norris and others left.

I've personally seen a TRE's "mate" crash an engine out takeoff after V1 three times in a row and receive 4's and 5's. Captain Crash is now in training.

eldee5's post is very informative and free from atrocious grammatical errors.

JAARule would give Eldee5 a score 2 while he should get a 5. See how this works? When asked JAARule to point out which grammatical errors were committed and use the Oxford Grammar and Style Manual. He will fail to do so, but will state Airmanship and Communications.

"overall, good effort, but i'm going to have to knock ya down to a 2 due to poor airmanship and communications"

See the parallel?

For non-EK people, training is graded from 1-5, 5 being the highest.

If you are American and considering Emirates, make sure you have tough skin and know the books well so you can call out bullcrap. Most Yank haters back off when you ask them to show their silly airmanship technique in the manuals and they fail to do so.

Not sure if I agree that was a good post or not as atrocious American grammar makes it largely unintelligible, at least at first glace, and one cannot be bothered going back for a second glance. But if you are trying to imply that EK employs only quality pilots then you are full of hot air. - -JAARule