PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2014, 11:02
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Bullcrap. Talk about control freaks.
No.. They are absolutely totally incompetent. They ARE on a runaway train and have been so for 15 years. They cant control anything and are grasping at straws.

Total, disgraceful incompetence. Watching these idiots is like watching a Slo Mo train crash, knowing whats going to happen and having to watch it frame by frame for 15 YEARS...

It makes me sick..

It could have all been SO different...

You are paid to do a job - DO IT.. No training, No understanding... Why do I waste my breath...,

From behind the paywall of The Oz 11/8/14.

FORMER Fairfax chief executive Brian McCarthy says the media company he once led is “no longer a serious, long-term media alternative” after disastrous decisions taken under the chairmanship of Roger Corbett, who he said lacks knowledge and experience in the media industry.

In an exclusive interview, Mr McCarthy said it is “obvious” recent events including publication of an anti-Semitic cartoon, columnist Mike Carlton’s abuse of readers and the quality of editorial management, were a direct result of the loss of experience on the Fairfax board.

“The current management and staff difficulties are the direct result of questionable strategic decisions taken by the board over many years,’’ he told The Australian. “It is the board — themselves lacking media knowledge, experience and understanding over many years — that thrust external business consultants, also of questionable knowledge, experience and understanding in and of the media sector into Fairfax.
Carbon copy of QF....

Last edited by V-Jet; 10th Aug 2014 at 21:11.