PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2014, 10:49
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Angel Cheers to Life

Namaste twinstar_ca

Haaar yar would be beaut to have a GX here but sadly a no-go, as competition is hurting everyone & FTA wont spend the money on a 407 till the market $$$ improves I reckon the upgraded engine would be a winner here, giving a run for it's money on the 350B3's hmmmm well at least below 18,000'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Peter-RB

hehehehe the air is so thick, movement becomes difficult & excessive O2 means You need to spend more $$$ on Beer to get the same effect
Hi melmothtw

520N = sexy, sleek, safe, quiet....end of her usefulness In reality the NOTAR is mushy, sluggish & insanely power hungry; so effectively useless up here
G'day Soave_Pilot

Yep all that most of the time & of course always on the limits when it comes to power-margin & options Winds here can vary rapidly from nil to 80+knots depending on the location at VNJS winds hit 120knots a few times a year so You can imagine the turbulence is frightening at times & holding airspeed is a serious challenge
Hey Gordy

Yep I concur in fact I could imagine the NOTAR would be totally useless above 6,000' @ ISA+30º
Good afternoon Arrrj

a/ yep that's the best I can afford working here; a Chevie Staghorn
b/ absolutely; is the Pope a Catholic? Unfortunately I departed Oz last night & now in the land that is the Highest on this Planet would have gladly joined You for a pint or 2 or.....hmmmm next time. Please PM Your contact details & will arrange for around Xmas

Happy Landings