PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too old for airlines...
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2014, 08:21
jethrolx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too old for airlines...

Ok, so in another post I put some comments (which may have been a little emotional) regarding a response aimed at my age in relation to having no chance at getting in to an airline. Having spoken to some others on the ground it appears as though this is the case, so a public apology to the Cap is in order.

What a sad world we live in where 35 is deemed too old....

Anyway, this post may get gagged by the mods so I'll take
My chances here, but could someone give me an indication of potential pay in GA as a newbie trough to a more experienced pilot? I am trying to make a decision on completing training which unfortunately comes down to return on investment. Airline work would be a no brainer (after some time in GA build experience of course) but am doubtful GA will be quite so fruitful.

I appreciate that not all matters in life boil down to
Money, but I have one of those things that seems to kill
Off careers in aviation, a family (which I love incidentally)

I could use some really constructive feedback here guys and Gals, I've been around aviation and this forum for enough years to know how most think with regard to newbies and their desires on airlines. I dont mean to appear disrespectful to those of you who have spent your entire careers in GA, I don't view it as just a stepping stone to something better. If the pay was equal I would rather be doing hands on flying, but like many I have financial commitments and mouths to feed.

Thanks.