PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Letter to GCAA
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 23:19
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a little about the culture within FZ as I've several friends working there. Both are Captains, one male, one female. One from the UK, the other US. At no time have either of them stated that they'd not file an ASR over an actual or potential safety event. One has previously submitted a report regarding a series of night turns.

When I read a post such as rdr's, it smacks of management trolls putting the fear of god into those reading these threads. I'm not saying you should be writing up every flight but you have a professional and moral obligation to submit such reports when appropriate, regardless of what part of the World you work in or what part of the World you come from. I suspect that those not reporting are likely to have cultural biases against confronting hierarchy. They are also more likely to come from backgrounds where this job is as good as it's going to get.

If there are lots of jobs around as you state, rdr, what have you got to lose, other than you own life and that of 170 others perhaps? Remember Air India Express 812 into Mangalore?

Harry