PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you get started?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 22:38
Trent1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you get started?

Hello Guys. You can see what this thread is all about above. My question is, how did you get started in the biz/executiv aviation business. I will tell you my thoughts and why I ask this question.

I am currently working as a FA for a big german carrier, since the chance of getting a job with an airline without any hours and type rating after graduating from the training is very hard at the moment, so i know what working as an airline FO looks like, or at least a little bit. I was always interested in getting a job as a FO in an executiv company even before I had a glimpse inside the daily life of the airline pilots. It's not boring at all, don't get me wrong, but it showed me that a different way of working as a pilot is very attractive for me as well.

But since, at least today, there is no job vacancy for low houred pilots without a type rating in the executiv/ambulance buisness, I was wondeirng about the different storys and ways how you got started. I mean there are dozens of various types of jets around, how did you decide?

I was always considering an executiv aviation career for myself, getting a type rating and looking for work on that type, maybe freelancing first. But its a tough decision on which type to choose and so on. I bet there are very interesting and fascinating storys out there. How it worked for one and it didn't for the other. And maybe some of us inexperienced, non rated guys like me, can get a clue how the business works.

At least it is a chance to widen the horizon for everyone on how each and everyone of us has tried his luck on the hunt for his career he dreamed of. Thank you very much in advance, I am already excited to hear how it went for you.
Best regards